“Regular restore tests are the
be-all and end-all of any backup solution.”
It is generally accepted that a backup should be tested on a regular basis. However, practise shows that restore and recover tests are not performed for all manner of reasons. One of the most common obstacles is the lack of a dedicated restore infrastructure – frequently due to the high costs that are involved. Often, however, the requisite knowledge, experience, or simply the time to provide such a test environment, is not available.
With our Restore/Recover cloud solution, we make a fully configured and operational infrastructure available in the cloud. This allows database backups to be tested reliably, efficiently, and as frequently as necessary – without putting any additional strain on the resources of the on-premise infrastructure.
The Trivadis Restore/Recover cloud solution is based on the Oracle Database Cloud service from the Oracle Public Cloud.
We install and configure an Oracle Cloud server with a database, and prepare the restore/recover procedures from a cloud backup solution. Our solution package comprises the installation of the Oracle software on the server, the server-side listener and network configuration, creating the database instance, as well as a TVD-Backup™ license.
We offer the "Restore/Recovery Solution in the Cloud" as a software or provided service. In the latter case, we hand over a turnkey restore/recovery environment – tested, demonstrated, and documented.
This could also be of interest to you: Trivadis Factsheet «Disaster Recovery & High Availability Optimized for the Cloud»
With the Trivadis solution “Restore/Recovery Test Database in the Oracle Public Cloud”, you will benefit in several respects:
- ENHANCED SECURITY WITH RELIABLE BACKUP VALIDATION
- THE RESTORE/RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT IS READY TO USE, TESTED, AND READY-ON-DEMAND
- COST EFFICIENT: THE SERVER IS ONLY STARTED UP FOR RESTORE TESTS; I.E. NORMALLY, THE ENVIRONMENT IS NOT RUNNING AND THEREFORE DOES NOT INCUR ANY UNNECESSARY COSTS
- FLEXIBLY ADAPTABLE TO MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS
- YOU DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL HARDWARE
- YOU INCREASE THE AGILITY THROUGH ARBITRARILY SCALABLE RESOURCES – WITHOUT ANY FIXED-STEP COSTS