Database Infrastructure Consultant (m/f/d)
Data is an elementary basis for the development of our customers' businesses. We design and build modern data platforms for this purpose: on our customers' own servers (on-premises), in the public cloud or with a hybrid model that uses both options. In doing so, we rely on transferable or replicable solutions with our own tools, standardised building blocks and architectures, high levels of automation, and third-party services.
What you can expect
- With us, you get the opportunities and freedom you need to develop your personal strengths.
- No matter where you work – at the customer’s, in our office or in the home office – you are able to work on your own responsibility, manage your own hours and handle freedom professionally. We appreciate and maintain an open and fair working environment.
- Your further development and permanent learning are our top priority. Therefore, you not only continuously expand your competencies and your network, but also bring along a good portion of curiosity and are open to get to know new topics and people.
- You benefit from our know-how network – we like to share our knowledge regularly, so you should also be an enthusiastic team player and work in a success- and solution-oriented way.
What you bring to the table
- The operational environment of databases is your professional home, and you have profound knowledge in the operation of relational databases.
- You should have a sound IT-oriented education or have acquired comparable skills through several years of professional experience.
- Specifically, you convince with in-depth knowledge in one of these technologies: Oracle DB 11g to 19c or SQL Server 2012 to 2019. Preferably, you know other databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL from practice and have experience in database development with e.g., SQL, T-SQL or PL/SQL.
- You are well-versed in database administration and have acquired skills in performance tuning.
- Your experience also includes high availability setups of databases, e.g., with Always On availability groups, Oracle RAC or Oracle Data Guard.
- Ideally, you are certified in one of the mentioned areas (MSCA, MSCE or OCA, OCP, OCM) or aspire to be.
- If you have know-how in operating databases in the cloud, such as Microsoft Azure or AWS (Amazon Web Services), you score plus points.
- In your projects you have gathered sufficient operating system knowledge with Windows, Linux or UNIX and used PowerShell or shell scripts.
- In a varied job, you support top companies in a wide range of industries with us.
- As a team member in the expert network, you generate new business value for our customers.
- You benefit from our training programme and develop your skills to expert level.
- You like to learn new technologies and use modern working methods.